The Benefits of Training with Capstones
In the latest episode of Vanguard Weekly, join host J. Richard Jones for the first of an ongoing series that will discuss the topic of training and upskilling using capstones. He is joined by guests Caleb Walker, Chief Strategy Officer for WithYouWithMe and Major General (Retired) Rupert Jones. Caleb is a 20-year combat veteran with a passion for HR and digital transformation as well as cultural change, and a frequent guest of the show. Rupert is a retired senior British Army officer, who served as the Standing Joint Force Commander from November 2018 to July 2021. Together, they tackle the questions of how to measure the returns on staff training and how to determine what value was gained.
Also in this episode:
- What are capstones, how are they used, and how can they help?
- How to determine if someone has the skills you need?
- Mission rehearsal exercise as practical demonstration of skills
- Capstones as inspiration for solving other problems
- Attracting and retaining the right talent
- Driving training to build capability
- Capstones and the need for digital training
- The CV test versus the capstone opportunity
- and more!