Vanguard Weekly – episode 11
The Benefits of Training with Capstones
In the latest episode of Vanguard Weekly, join host J. Richard Jones for the first of an ongoing series that will discuss the topic of training and upskilling using capstones. He is joined by guests Caleb Walker, Chief Strategy Officer for WithYouWithMe and Major General (Retired) Rupert Jones. Caleb is a 20-year combat veteran with a passion for HR and digital transformation as well as cultural change, and a frequent guest of the show. Rupert is a retired senior British Army officer, who served as the Standing Joint Force Commander from November 2018 to July 2021. Together, they tackle the questions of how to measure the returns on staff training and how to determine what value was gained.
Also in this episode:
- What are capstones, how are they used, and how can they help?
- How to determine if someone has the skills you need?
- Mission rehearsal exercise as practical demonstration of skills
- Capstones as inspiration for solving other problems
- Attracting and retaining the right talent
- Driving training to build capability
- Capstones and the need for digital training
- The CV test versus the capstone opportunity
- and more!
Perspective - Content From Our Sponsors
Game Changer: David Clementi, Chief Operating Officer and Accountable Manager EASA ATO, ITPS (Canada) Ltd.
David Clementi is the Chief Operating Officer and Accountable Manager EASA ATO at ITPS (Canada) Ltd. and one of our…
Game Changer: Diego Jacobson, Chief Executive Officer, White Glacier
Diego Jacobson is the Chief Executive Officer for White Glacier and one of our February/March Game Changers. Mr. Jacobson also…
Game Changer: Tom Raimondi, Jr., Chief Marketing Officer, NETSCOUT
Tom Raimondi, Jr. is Chief Marketing Officer for NETSCOUT and one of our December/January Game Changers. Mr. Raimondi began his…