Industry leaders you can meet at ShipTech Forum 2020
This coming February 25, Vanguard will once again be holding the ShipTech Forum. This yearly, one-day conference is a meeting of various industry movers and members of the Royal Canadian Navy, Canadian Coast Guard and the shipbuilding field to talk about significant changes and innovations in the maritime and shipbuilding industry.
Aside from this, there will also be discussions that tackle recurring issues and challenges being faced by the Naval forces and the Coast Guard and how these can be given ample solutions. Ultimately, the aim is for impact to be created and implemented towards achieving possible and positive actions to address urgent concerns and improve technologies being used.
Part of doing this is to be able to meet with important organizations that will allow the exchange of ideas and introduction of high-tech product solutions which will become enablers to innovation. Below are some of the industry leaders and organizations you can meet at ShipTech Forum 2020:
- Qinetiq – A company of scientists and engineers committed to listening, understanding and responding to their customers’ needs. This enables the brand to use their depth of experience, unique science, and engineering expertise to equip organizations with powerful solutions to their most pressing challenges.
- IDEaS – IDEaS stands for Innovation for Defence, Excellence and Security program. Since its launch in April 2018, IDEaS has been posting challenges for the Canadian Innovation Community.
- BMT – A leading international design, engineering, science and risk management consultancy with a reputation for engineering excellence.
- Seaspan Shipyards – An association of Canadian companies primarily involved in coastal marine transportation, ship docking/ship escort, ship repair and shipbuilding services in Western North America. In addition to the marine transportation services offered directly through Seaspan, commercial ferry, shipyard and bunkering services are provided via affiliate companies.
- Wounded Warriors Canada – An organization that aims to support Canadian veterans, first responders, and their families.
With the forum’s pace and ample time provided for networking opportunities, you can surely connect with the top movers in the shipbuilding, repair, and naval fields. This avenue can allow you to explore various best practices that you can possibly apply in your own career and even implement in your organization.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to meet with these big industry brands. Register as early as now to ShipTech Forum 2020 happening on February 25 at The Westin in Ottawa. To get an overview of last year’s event, check out our article The Future of Shipbuilding in Canada. If you also want to know the kinds of people you’ll be networking with, click here.